Industrial Training Services
Basic Electricity & Electrical Troubleshooting
Percent Hands-on: 75%
Language: English (Spanish version available - contact us for details)
Description: This course first helps the student gain (or solidify) their working understanding of basic electricity and then gives them opportunities to apply that knowledge in numerous strategic exercises where they will build, test, and then troubleshoot typical electrical circuits with various faults installed by instructor. The troubleshooting portion of the course develops and improves logical troubleshooting methods, including finding the root cause of failure and performing appropriate retest procedures.
Instrumentation & Controls
Percent Hands-on: 50%
Description: This course introduces students to the core fundamentals involved with modern industrial instrumentation, measurement, calibration, and controls.
This course places heavy emphasis on the topics that are often missed in other training programs and are usually misunderstood in industry so that the technicians can overcome the common mistakes and problems that plague the instrumentation field.
This course is useful for anyone from a mechanic or operator needing to better understand the instrumentation associated with their equipment and systems, up to senior instrument technicians and top-level professional control engineers.
Percent Hands-on: 50%
Description: This course takes students already have the knowledge gained in our instrumentation & controls course to the next level to begin doing detailed process control work. This course makes heavy use of process simulations with realistic controller configurations and settings and is designed for personal in roles such as controls engineer, senior instrument or controls technician, process or automation specialists, etc. This course is fast-paced and assumes personnel have knowledge equivalent to our Instrumentation & Controls course and some experience working with process control loops and associated field equipment.
Percent Hands-on: 66%
Description: This course provides a solid introduction to the basic operation of the ControlLogix® series PLC's using Studio 5000 Logix Designer® (previously RSLogix®) software.
This course focuses on basic underlying principles required to perform routine maintenance such as troubleshooting hardware and IO problems, performing online & offline edits, performing force operations & bit manipulations, tracing and understanding common ladder logic.
The course also covers the most common problems, mistakes, and important functionality of the ControlLogix® series.
Safety Instrumented Systems for Technicians
Percent Hands-on: 25-35%
Description: This course provides an overview of the SIS program and helps maintenance personnel who work with SIS equipment understand the overall program as well as the key maintenance requirements and common mistakes and problems related to SIS systems and components.
Enhance Your Skills with Expert Training
Orion Technical Solutions provides comprehensive industrial training services tailored to meet the needs of professionals working in manufacturing, processing and automated industries. Our training programs are designed to equip technicians with the essential knowledge and skills required to maintain, install and repair equipment effectively.
We provide our industrial training services to:
- Gas, oil and chemical refineries and processing plants
- Power plants and stations (hydro, wind, fossil fuels, nuclear)
- Government research and processing sites
- Food & beverage processing plants
- Coal mines
- Metal, gold and mineral mines (and associated processing plants)
- Large timber mills
- Paper mills
- Packaging plants
- Automotive and parts manufacturers
- General manufacturing plants
- And many others
If you are a manager or training coordinator searching for industrial training services, please reach out to us about any of the following courses:
- Basic Electricity & Electrical Troubleshooting (Combo): Combine the fundamental principles of electricity with hands-on troubleshooting techniques. This comprehensive course provides a well-rounded coverage from basics to the core concepts needed to learn to troubleshoot electrical systems, empowering technicians to handle a wide range of electrical challenges.
- Instrumentation & Controls: Dive into the world of instrumentation and controls used in industrial processes. Learn measurement devices, control systems, calibration, process control and more.
- Process Control: Learn the intricacies of process control systems and strategies. Understand concepts such as feedback loops, PID control, cascade control and other control strategies. Equip yourself with the knowledge to efficiently troubleshoot and improve industrial processes.
- ControlLogix PLCs: Acquire the skills to maintain and troubleshoot ControlLogix Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). Learn about ladder logic, data manipulation, input/output modules and network communication. This course is ideal for technicians who maintain or work with Allen Bradley's ControlLogix series PLCs and Rockwell Automation RSLogix 5000 or Logix Studio software.
- Safety Instrumented Systems: Learn how to properly maintain SIS equipment and perform effective proof testing as well as understanding the details of technician related roles and responsibilities within IEC 61511.
Why Choose Orion Technical Solutions?
- Expert Instructors: Our industrial training services are taught by top level, highly experienced industry professionals who possess in-depth knowledge and real-world expertise. Benefit from their guidance as they share practical insights and valuable tips that go far beyond the typical textbooks and typical reference information.
- Hands-On Learning: We believe in learning by doing. Our training programs incorporate well developed hands-on exercises and simulations, allowing you to apply the concepts learned in a practical environment, resulting in better retention, better ability to apply what you learn, and improved skills.
- Customized & Onsite Training: We understand that every organization has unique training requirements. We offer the flexibility to customize our courses to align with your specific needs, ensuring maximum relevance and effectiveness. We can deliver any of our courses at your facility or at any suitable location. We can even work with you to arrange coordinated special group sessions with local industry in your area.
- Industry-Relevant Content: We stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies, ensuring our training materials and techniques are aligned with current standards and practices. We are also well aware of the common problems, weaknesses, mistakes, and trends in each course area and cover the material that truly results in improvements back at the job site.
Take the Next Step
Are you ready to take your skills to the next level? Register for one of our public scheduled courses or inquire about custom onsite training tailored to your organization's specific needs. We are committed to excellence in training in the areas we train in. Our training focus is narrower than most training providers, and we are able to focus extremely well on what we do - and we do it the best. That is why we are able to offer our 100% satisfaction guarantee and have so many extremely satisfied customers.
At Orion Technical Solutions, we are committed to training the workforce and helping develop the knowledge and skills needed for technical personnel and American manufacturing to excel and succeed. Join us today and let's work together to solve your training and development needs in the highly technical areas of instrumentation, automation, and electrical maintenance.