32 hours of Instruction, plus 8 hours of group open Q/A instruction, plus 2 hours of individualized 1:1 tutoring and instruction. (42 hrs total available instruction time)
Students will first solidify the basic concepts of electricity, Ohm's Law, series & parallel circuits, proper electrical testing methods, and gain familiarity with common components, symbols, and terminology, after which they will begin to build and troubleshoot increasingly complex circuits. Then students will utilize knowledge gained to troubleshoot realistic control circuits using simulation software in groups and individually. After the course, students will be granted continued access to the simulation software for a period of 2-weeks, and then have the option to purchase personal copies at a very affordable rate if desired.
Student Help Hours:
- Each enrollee in a REM-BELTS course is granted (2) hours of 1:1 Instruction time with instructor. In some cases, Instructor may extend the help hours at no cost based on student effort and time available.
- The 1:1 time slot availability is typically during set times prior to the course days. In some cases, other time slots may be available.
- 1:1 Instructor time will be scheduled on a first-come basis, in 1/2 hour increments of allotted time.
- In addition to 1:1 Instructor time, the Instructor will be available for approximately 1-hour after each course session to help answer questions and ensure each student has full grasp of topics covered.
- Additional 1:1 Instructor time (in excess of 2-hours per enrollee) is available for registered enrollees of a course in sequence, at a rate of $300/hour, subject to availability.
- Basic Electricity Components Kit (miscellaneous components such as fuse/circuit breaker modules, various resistors, various potentiometers & rheostats, lamp modules, LED's, Diodes, Capacitors, Motor modules, SPST, SPDT, and DPDT switches, Relays, etc.
- Basic Electrical Test Gear (Fluke DMM, Inline ammeters, etc.)
- 3-24vdc Variable Power Supply
- Access rights to electrical troubleshooting software for duration of course, plus 2-weeks after course (for completing all simulated troubleshooting labs).
- $1000 deposit (fully refunded upon return of equipment)
Details & Notes:
Course dates & times are typically on M, W, F, & Sa from 1-5pm CST with an open Q/A time from 5-6pm CST. Course dates are times for each course are noted on the course schedule page. Contact us for more information or with any questions on schedule specifics.
Course includes use of (1) complete REM-BELTS training station kit
Training equipment will be shipped to student at no cost, but enrollee is responsible for return shipping (typically $30-130 via UPS Ground).
Enrollee must make security deposit for use of training equipment. An equipment deposit is $1000, along with enrollment fee, is required to secure enrollment REM-BELTS course. Numerous payment &* depost options are available for security equipment deposit - contact us for details. The deposit will be fully refunded when equipment is returned and verified complete and functional.
If equipment is damaged, applicable deduction from deposit will be made to cover parts and labor for repairs.
If equipment is not returned by deadline, a fee of $100/day will be assessed up to the full security deposit value if applicable. We depend on timely return of training equipment so it is available for other courses and persons, so it is important that students promptly return training equipment.
Deposit refunds will be disbursed no later than 14-days after completion of course (or typically within 2-3 business days after successful return of equipment).